This shop, featuring a DIY Christmas Tree Ornament and Perfect Holiday Snack, has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #NaturallyCheesy #CollectiveBias
I cannot believe that Christmas is only a few weeks away. How did October and November fly by so quickly?! The holidays are all about crafting and entertaining for me! And this post today has a little bit of both! I am sharing a pretty simple tutorial for making a fun & festive DIY Christmas Tree ornament using cedar shims. And since crafting makes me totally hungry, I am also sharing a delicious, wholesome snack featuring the Cracker Barrel Cheese Tray. This cheese tray is so perfect for holiday parties, impromptu guests or just anytime hunger strikes!
Ready to see the ornament I made? And that perfectly festive Cracker Barrel Cheese Tray, too?!
DIY Cedar Shim Tree Ornament & A Perfect Holiday Snack
It’s so important to have easy & delicious snack ideas on hand for impromptu guests. Just last week, I was running around the house doing some laundry and tidying up, when the doorbell rang. It was two of my aunts. They decided to stop by since they were in the area. I am so glad I had picked up two of these Cracker Barrel Cheese Trays a few days earlier from Walmart. One was enjoyed by my husband and me during an afternoon crafting session. And since I had this second tray unopened, I set it out on the table, along with some crackers, for my aunts. This made such an effortless and delicious snack for us all!
Are you having a party or gathering this holiday season? Then, be sure to pick up one of these Cracker Barrel Cheese Trays- it makes a fabulous appetizer or snack option during those holiday parties! With this cheese tray on hand, holiday entertaining will not be stressful! And even if you’re not hosting a big gathering this year, grab a Cracker Barrel Cheese Tray the next time you’re at Walmart- it makes a delicious snack for guests or for yourself!
Now, are you ready to see how I made those Christmas tree ornaments? Here is the quick tutorial!
small hand saw
hot glue and glue gun
small plastic golden star (found in the craft aisle)
small adhesive rhinestones (found in the craft aisle)
1. First, I placed three shims next to each other and lightly drew the basic outline of a tree (a triangle) with a pencil.
2. Using the saw, cut the wood along the pencil marks.
3. Take another shim and secure it behind the three shims with glue to secure them in place. Keep in mind you may sand down the edges of the shims if you wish. I love the rustic look, so I’m leaving those ragged wood edges as they are!
4. Place some green acrylic paint in a plastic bowl and add some water (at a 1:1 dilution ratio). Paint this onto the tree. Repeat this process to add diluted brown paint to the trunk portion. I dilute the paint because it makes it more translucent, allowing the wood grain to show through!
5. Affix the golden star to the top of the tree using some hot glue and add the colorful adhesive rhinestones as ornaments on the tree! Secure a short loop of twine on the back of the tree with hot glue.
How cute is this little Christmas tree ornament?!
As I’ve talked about in previous posts, the theme for my Christmas tree this year is Rustic Glam! I’m totally loving the mix of rustic elements with glamorous touches, and this ornament fits right in! Here, check it out in action on my tree! 🙂
Doing crafts definitely makes me hungry and the Cracker Barrel Cheese Tray makes a perfectly delicious snack! These trays are also fabulous as appetizers for holiday gatherings! Just place one slice of cheese on a cracker and you have so much flavor in every bite! This is a wholesome, better-for-you snack!
Be sure to head to Walmart to pick up the Cracker Barrel Cheese Tray! I found mine right in the dairy section!
Now, learn more about the Cracker Barrel Cheese Tray here and tell me: how can Cracker Barrel help you entertain effortlessly this year?!