If you’ve been wondering about the benefits of coconut oil, you will love this post. I list some of the coolest, most useful ways to use coconut oil in your life. From food uses to personal care uses, there are plenty of ways to incorporate coconut oil into your daily routine and reap the benefits of this natural oil!
30+ Uses for Coconut Oil
1. Use it in cooking as it has a high smoke point. It’s fabulous when making a stir-fry!
2. Use it as a coffee creamer- it becomes emulsified!
3. Place it on your skin after a bath as a natural lotion.
4. Use it to remove eye make-up- it completely dissolves mascara and eye shadow (even the waterproof kinds).
5. Use it as a safe, moisturizing diaper cream.
6. Use it to make homemade mayo- it’s a healthy oil!
7. Use it as a natural sunscreen; it might have a low SPF rating, but it’s still all natural!
8. Use it as a natural cradle cap treatment for baby (or toddler). Simply massage into scalp, let sit for a few minutes and then comb it out.
9. Use it as an all-natural frizz tamer. Simply apply some to your hands and then work through your hair.
10. Mix some with sugar as a smoothing, softening homemade sugar scrub.
11. Use it as a lip moisturizer for soft, smooth lips.
12. Use it as a deep conditioning treatment; apply to hair and cover with a shower cap. Rinse out after a few hours.
13. Use it as a homemade natural nipple cream to help with breastfeeding soreness.
14. Use it to help soothe mild skin irritation/rashes.
15. Use it daily as a filling, energy-boosting snack. Mix with fruits and milk in a blender for a healthy smoothie.
16. Use it on the inside of your nose to help soothe irritated nostrils during cold season.
17. Use it as a gentle, after-burn soothing treatment on red, sunburn skin.
18. Use it as a natural shave cream and an after-shave lotion.
19. Use it to season cast iron pans.
20. Use it to soften and condition leather. However, make sure you test this in an inconspicuous area first to ensure colorfastness.
21. Mix it with salt to use as a natural exfoliant in the shower- perfect for the soles of the feet and elbows.
22. Use it to dilute essential oils to be used on the skin.
23. Use it as a natural deodorant. Simply apply some on the underarm area and let sit for a while.
24. Use it as a healthy oil in homemade dog treats.
25. Use it on baby’s skin to moisturize and protect from the elements.
26. Use it as a daily intensive facial moisturizer.
27. Use it to heal cracked skin on heels.
28. Use it to soften and moisturize cuticles and nail beds.
29. Use it to lubricate door hinges to prevent that annoying squeaky sound.
30. Use it to give your feet a deep moisturizing treatment. Slather feet with oil, put on socks and then take off socks several hours later.
31. Use it in place of oil, butter or other fat when baking cookies or cakes.
I hope this list of fabulous uses for coconut oil inspires you to make coconut oil a part of your everyday routine. It really is a healthy oil, and a fabulous multi-purpose product!