This easy recipe for a One Skillet Meal, featuring chicken thighs and vegetables, is a simple, quick way to prepare a healthy, well-rounded meal on busy weeknights! On busy weeknights, one skillet meals are ideal – throw a bunch of ingredients into one pan, cook on the stove, sometimes throw in the oven also, and then eat. When you’re done, there’s only one pan to clean. Fewer dishes –> happy mama!
The best part of this recipe is that it’s so versatile. There are no hard rules. Add into the skillet whatever you have (that you think will go well with the other ingredients). Omit what you don’t have in the house. Have eggplant in the house? Throw it in! Are you out of black olives? You can sub with green olives, instead! It’s a very flexible, forgiving recipe! I
need love forgiving recipes!
Skillet Meal Recipe: Chicken Thighs & Veggies
- 5 or 6 chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup black olives, sliced
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, crushed (canned variety is fine)
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small package of baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 2 small zucchini, sliced
- juice of 1 lemon
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Start by sautéing the onion and garlic in the olive oil for about 5 minutes, until soft and translucent.
- Remove the onion and garlic from the pan and place the chicken thighs in the oil, skin side down. Cook until the skin starts to brown, about 7-10 minutes. Flip to the other side of the chicken thighs. Return the onion and garlic to the pan.
- Add the mushrooms, plum tomatoes and zucchini. Cook for another 10 minutes, until veggies start to soften.
- Add in the lemon juice, olives, chicken broth and crushed tomatoes. Place the pan in the oven.
- Cook in the oven for 20-30 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.