I love a good pancake breakfast. I don’t like having to slave over the stove flipping countless pancakes all morning. Solution? Forget the stove altogether and bake one large pancake!
What? Pancakes in the oven? That’s nonsense!
Trust me, once you realize how much time you’ll save by simply making pancakes in the oven, you’ll be a convert, too! I was skeptical at first as well, but now this will be my go-to method for whipping up a batch of pancakes for the whole gang over here at Casa MondoMom!
Recipe: baked pancakes with berries
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 3/4 flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup mixed berries
- maple syrup, for drizzling
- powdered sugar, for sprinkling (optional)
- Mix the flour and salt in one bowl. In another bowl, combine eggs, milk and vanilla. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, and whisk together.
- Add olive oil to an oven-safe frying pan. Add the batter and top with berries.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for about 15-20 minutes, until the edges are crisp and browned.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Serve a slice of this pancake warm and toasty and drizzled with maple syrup! Bon appetit!