This Italian Wedding Soup is the perfect recipe for frigid Winter days. It’s a hearty, healthy soup that is brimming with hearty vegetables, savory broth and juicy meatballs.
The days are getting colder and we are spending more time cuddled up indoors. When the temperatures drop, there’s nothing like a big bowl of warm soup filled with yummy veggies and turkey meatballs to soothe the soul. This recipe, which features turkey meatballs, is a much healthier alternative to traditional beef-based soups.
Italian Wedding Soup (Recipe)
- 20 oz of ground turkey
- 1 small bag of baby carrots
- 1 bag of celery, sliced
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups pasta (any type is fine)
- 1/2 cup crushed tomato
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a mixing bowl, combine ground turkey, egg and bread crumbs. Combine to mix well and form meatballs.
- Place on a greased baking dish and bake for 30 minutes, until meatballs are cooked thoroughly.
- Meanwhile, heat up the onions in olive oil over medium heat in a large stock pot. Saute for a few minutes.
- Add the celery and carrots. Cook for 5-7 minutes. Add the chicken broth to the stockpot. Bring to a boil.
- After the meatballs are done cooking in the oven, add them to the stock pot. Add in the crushed tomato and the pasta. Cook for 10 more minutes. Serve warm!.