Italian seasoned potatoes recipeSeptember 25, 2014
Do you want a recipe for an easy and delicious side dish? Then this potato recipes features the flavors of Italian seasoning, takes very little work to prepare and is sure to please even the pickiest eaters! I have two young children, who are hesitant to try new foods, and they absolutely loves this variation on good ol’ plain roasted potatoes.
If you like Italian spices like basil and oregano, then you are sure to like the flavor profile of this side dish! Bonus: it’s healthy! It’s not deep-fried in oil- it’s roasted in the oven and coated with a conservative amount of olive oil!
Let’s look at the recipe now!
Italian seasoned potatoes recipe
- 1 bag of red potatoes
- 1 packet of powdered Italian seasoning
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Wash the potatoes under running water with a potato scrub brush.
- Cut the potatoes into bite-size pieces.
- Toss the potatoes with the olive oil and the Italian seasoning.
- Spread the potatoes on a greased baking pan.
- Roast the potatoes for 20 minutes. Rotate the potatoes and roast for an additional 20 minutes, until the inside is soft and the outside is brown and crispy.