Who says gluten-free has to be a restrictive diet? My daughter Sophia is on a diet that is mostly gluten-free, and I wanted her to enjoy some of the baked goods featuring pumpkin that are so abundant during this time of year. Fall is basically synonymous with pumpkin, right? 😉
Well, I couldn’t find any gluten-free pumpkin cupcakes or muffins at the store, so I figured I’ll make a batch myself. And I think it came out pretty well! They are sorta a mix between cake and muffin, but they’re definitely pumpkin-y! Strong pumpkin flavor and color- perfect!
Gluten-free pumpkin muffins
- 1/3 cup canned pureed pumpkin
- 1/4 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1/3 cup gluten-free baking mix (I used one from Aldi)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. light brown sugar
- sprinkles, for topping (Because everything looks more delicious with sprinkles!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add the baking mix to a mixing bowl.
- Add the pumpkin, milk, vanilla and sugar and combine well.
- Pour into small cupcake cups and bake for about 15-20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.