Chocolate chip cookie via microwaveAugust 4, 2014 0 By EngineerMommy
Just in case you’ve never heard of it before, making cookies (or other baked goods, for that matter) in the microwave is a thing. It’s a popular phenomenon that is gaining popularity in recent times. It’s a great idea for a number of reasons:
- When it’s warm outside, who wants to turn on the regular oven?
- If you’re trying to watch your waistline, only bake up a single serving or two in the microwave and you won’t be tempted with a whole tray of fresh cookies.
- Making stuff in the microwave is convenient and easy.
- For those of us who are impatient, there is no need to wait 40+ minutes for the treat – the microwave bakes up these babies in only a few minutes.
The recipe I’m going to share with you here today is a fabulous way to satisfy a craving for a chocolate chip cookie by using a few basic baking ingredients and your microwave! Easy peasy!
Chocolate chip cookie via microwave
- 1 tbsp. white sugar
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 drops vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp. chocolate chips
Melt the butter in a microwaveable cup.
- Combine with the remaining ingredients.
- Put it in the microwave for 40 seconds. Check on it – you may need to add 10 seconds. You want the final texture to be that of a cookie.
Bon Apetit! Happy Microwaving Cookies!