Chia seed dessert recipesJune 11, 2014
Chia seeds are gaining popularity in recent months, due to their high nutritional content. Packed with fiber and protein, chia seeds are a veritable superfood! When mixed with water, chia seeds form a gelatinous texture, which lends itself well to thick smoothies, puddings and other thick, creamy desserts. I’ve written about my copycat recipe for Wendy’s chocolate frosty using chia seeds for thickness and texture!
This post will feature six of the most delicious, unique ways to incorporate chia seeds into your dessert recipes. Heck, many of these recipes can even serve as light breakfasts.
I’ve picked up chia seeds at TJ Maxx – they often have great deals. However, you can always find them in the health food aisles of a large supermarket or you could always buy them online.
Chia seed dessert recipes
- These gluten-free chia seed cookies are packed with oats and peanut butter and make a delicious snack!
- This thick, creamy chocolate chia seed pudding is so rich, you’d never realize it was also healthy and good for you!
- This exotic chia seed pudding, made with pineapple, coconut and pistachios, is sure to tantalize your tastebuds!
- Packed with fresh fruits and nuts, the chia seed power bowl is a delicious, antioxidant-filled way to start the day!
- These chocolate chia donuts with pumpkin glaze are a decadent spin on healthy ingredients!
- With surprising ingredients like raw cashews and coconut water, this raspberry chia cream smoothie is a definite winner!