Vegetarian chili stew recipeOctober 18, 2012
This vegetarian chili recipe is so hearty and so filling, you would never know this was fairly healthy. For one, it doesn’t use ground beef at all. Instead, this recipe calls for Morningstar ground beef substitute. It’s found in the frozen food section of the supermarket with the other Morningstar products. It looks like frozen ground beef and it tastes pretty darn similar, too! Here is how I put this chili together.
Vegetarian chili stew recipe
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 package Morningstar ground beef substitute
- 1 small can of small white beans
- 1 large can of pureed tomatoes
- 1 small can of french onion soup concentrate
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 package egg noodles
- parmesan cheese, for sprinkling (optional)
- Heat up the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the beef substitute, onion and garlic. Cook until the beef susbtitute has browned and cooked thoroughly, about 10 minutes.
- Next, add the tomatoes, soup concentrate and beans. Raise heat until mixture starts boiling, and then reduce to a simmer.
- Toss in the peas and noodles and cook until softened.
- Serve hot with toasted bread.
- Sprinkle some parmesan cheese on top.