Oven baked pizza potato rounds recipeOctober 14, 2012
These pizza-flavored potato rounds are baked in the oven. They’re crispy on the outside and soft & tender on the inside. They’re easy to make and they taste great!
Make them for a party or just make them for a snack. They go great with burgers or hot dogs.
Your kids would even enjoy helping you put these together. Let them join in on the fun on adding the pasta sauce and sprinkling on the cheese.
Oven baked pizza potato rounds recipe
- 2 potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- pasta sauce, to taste
- shredded mozzarella cheese, to taste
- salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wash and scrub the potatoes until they are clean on the outside.
- Slice the potatoes into 1/4 – 1/2 inch thick slices. I used a mandoline for neat, even cuts, but you could also do it by hand.
- Brush a little olive oil on a cookie sheet.
- Place the potato slices on the cookie sheet.
- Top with the remaining olive oil and sprinkle with salt & pepper.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove cookie sheet from oven and flip the potato slices.
- Place in oven for another 20 minutes.
- Remove cookie sheet from oven. Top each potato slice with about 1-2 tsp pasta sauce and 1 tbsp shredded mozzarella cheese. You can use more or less of the sauce & cheese to suit your tastes.
- Return the cookie sheet to the oven for another 5 minutes until the cheese is fully melted.
- Serve hot!