I’ve talked about how much I love my Ninja when I made this Low-Calorie Peach & Mango Sorbet, but I seriously love my Ninja after making this strawberry sorbet! It is so rich and creamy-tasting, even though the only dairy it contains is skim milk. Yes, skim milk! No creamer, no half & half, not even whole milk! The secret comes from the frozen bananas- when you puree frozen bananas, they impart a rich creaminess to the dessert, and it’s like magic! You really should try this one.
Homemade strawberry sorbet recipe (serves 1)
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 tbsp sweetener of your choice (sugar, Stevia, Splenda- I use the latter!)
- Sprinkles for garnish- totally optional, but so necessary 😉
- Throw the banana, strawberries, milk and sweetener into your high-powered blender. Of course, I am using my Ninja and loving it! Pulse and puree until smooth. You can adjust the amount of milk you use to make the final consistency thinner or thicker.
- Scoop out the sorbet and place in a cute little teacup (the vessel is not that important, but make sure you use a cute teacup 😉 ). Top with rainbow sprinkles and enjoy!