If you’re ever craving those delicious, wonderful Middle Eastern spices in a sandwich, but you don’t want to have to get in the car and drive to the nearest (assuming there is one within driving distance 🙂 ) Middle Eastern restaurant, then this recipe is for you. You can have all those same wonderful Middle Eastern flavors at home pretty easily. The recipe is a cinch to put together and the taste is incredible.
I’m not claiming that this is the most authentic version. I AM claiming that this is a darn tasty one!!!
Homemade chicken kebab DIY recipe
- boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into large chunks
- kabab seasoning (you can buy online or from the international section of a large supermarket)
- pickled turnips, sliced
- banana peppers, sliced
- tahini sauce (see recipe below)
- large pita breads
- Coat the chicken pieces in the kebab seasoning and fry in a hot pan until the chicken is fully cooken and browned on all sides.
- Assemble the chicken, turnips, peppers in a large pita bread. Drizzle liberally with the tahini sauce and wrap like a burrito.
- Enjoy immediately!
- 1/4 cup tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cloves garlic
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- Combine all the ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.