I love sauteed mushrooms. They’re so quick to prepare and they go well with almost any protein. They’re affordable and they’re delicious. But sometimes I want to infuse a different flavor to them. Not just the same ol’ bland mushrooms. This flavor combination of thyme and parmesan cheese is divine! It really takes these mushrooms up a couple notches!
Thyme & parmesan sauteed mushrooms recipe
- 1 container sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme (I like McCormick Gourmet)
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced finely
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese, freshly grated or jarred
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over high heat.
- Add the mushrooms and garlic. Cook until mushrooms have softened and darkened.
- Add the thyme, cheese, salt & pepper and cook for another few minutes.
- Take off heat and serve immediately.