Disclosure: This post was sponsored by CLEAR CARE® PLUS as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) guidelines concerning the use of endorsements and testimonials in advertising. I received financial compensation for my participation and endorsement.
Upgrading our home is one of my passions, and our house is always a work in progress. In fact, as one task gets crossed off the project list, another one (or two) gets added! We moved into our current home about one year ago, and we have probably completed over 50 projects to improve the function and beauty of our space! Today, I will be sharing some of my favorite ones with you, as well as discussing some of the lessons I’ve learned along the way! Speaking of upgrades, I’m also sharing some details of the Bubble Upgrade™ Sweepstakes, where one winner each week will be awarded an experience valued at $10,000! Keep reading for all the details.
5 Home Upgrade Tips
1. Add color: One of the easiest updates one can make to their space is adding some color! One of my favorite home upgrade projects was when we painted our front door! Check out this gorgeous green color- it beautifully complements the color of our siding and our shutters. This forest green is a big improvement over the boring white that was there before. Plus, it dramatically boosted the curb appeal of our home.
2. Repurpose: When it comes to DIY projects, sometimes reusing or repurposing something can elegantly solve a problem! Can you guess what these DIY planters were made from? These planters were repurposed trash cans! Yes, for only a few dollars, I was able to paint these cans & add drainage holes to the bottom. The result is a set of gorgeous planters that flank my front door; this was much more affordable than store-bought large planters!
3. Get creative: When it comes to adding a little decor to a wall, it’s wise to think outside the box! Sometimes the most creative solution can be the most interesting! I had a bare wall in my living room and I wanted to display some greenery. I didn’t like any of the options at the home decor store, so I made a Wall-Mounted Planter from some copper pipes. It’s interesting, functional and definitely a conversation piece!
4. Have fun: My daughters absolutely love spending time outdoors. Whether they’re blowing bubbles or chasing butterflies, they always find ways to entertain themselves in the backyard. One of their favorite toys in the yard is their outdoor playhouse. However, the old, plastic play house had seen better days! Rather than throwing it out, I decided to upgrade it with fresh paint and some cute accessories, like a welcome mat, pinwheels, small plants, etc. This upgrade made a huge difference!
5. Create function: A home upgrade project that adds beauty and function to a space is a win-win! To give guests a place to sit when they enter our home, my husband & I built this entryway bench. This fun afternoon project totally transformed our entryway space!
Speaking of the DIY bench, I remember my husband actually made the biggest upgrade in his lens care around the time we built that bench. He decided to switch to CLEAR CARE® PLUS!
With CLEAR CARE® PLUS, you can actually see the bubbles working to completely clean the lenses! The bubbling, cleaning power of hydrogen peroxide effectively loosens dirt & achieves a premium clean. We love that this solution is the #1 doctor recommended hydrogen peroxide formulation!
The folks behind CLEAR CARE® PLUS are currently running a fabulous sweepstakes: the Bubble Upgrade™ Sweepstakes! From 8/10/16 to 9/6/16, a winner will be selected every Wednesday to win an upgrade experience. Each of these experiences is valued at over $10,000 and features one of the following categories: sports, travel, and self-improvement.
Click here to learn more & check out the fabulous prizes! Good luck!
*NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Sweepstakes begins 8/10/16 at 12:00:01 AM ET. Must be at least 18 and a resident of 48 contiguous U.S. or D.C. Ends 9/6/16 at 11:59:59 PM ET. Void in AK, HI, PR and where prohibited. Subject to complete Official Rules available at www.BubbleUpgrade.com/rules. Sponsor: Alcon Laboratories, Inc., Ft. Worth, TX.