Cute washi tape craft ideasJune 21, 2014
I have a sizeable collection of washi tape. I’ve collected tapes from Target (the stationery section & the Dollar Spot), Dollar Tree (who knew dollar stores carried amazingly adorable washi tapes), Walmart, local craft stores, etc. I love my washi tape. Adorable colors, sweet patterns, narrow tapes, wide tapes – I like it all!
Sometimes it’s hard to know what to do with them! I’m the type of person that if I see a cute washi tape in the store, I have to get it (even if I have no idea what to do with it at the time). I assume I’ll find a need for it at some time. And I always do!
But we all need inspiration sometimes, and this post shall provide many ways to use washi tape. Everything from frames to coasters to keys, washi tape can embellish everything in your life! And make it that much prettier… and isn’t that what crafting is all about? I sure think so!
Cute washi tape craft ideas
Let’s get started looking at some of these washi tape tutorials. It’s time to get inspired!
- Washi tape coasters: Keep those drinks sitting pretty on these washi coasters!
- Washi tape picture frames: Frame your posters and prints and photographs with pretty tape!
- Washi wooden frame: Stick some pretty tape directly onto a wooden frame!
- Tape silhouette art: Use tape to make a cute silhouette wall art!
- Washi placecards: Use tape to embellish plain placecards!
- Decorative tray: Functional and cute, this washi tape tray is lovely!
- Washi tape bunting: Who doesn’t love tiny, adorable bunting? The answer- nobody! This is so sweet!
- DIY phone cover: Use washi tape to decorate your smartphone cover!
- Checkerboard clipboards: Washi tape transforms plain, boring clipboards into extraordinary clipboards!
- Washi tape clutch: Pretty tape makes this clutch into a showstopping accessory!
- Key covers: Identify your different keys with color-coded washi tape!
- Washi candy box: Serve small treats in this lovely washi-embellished box!
- Washi bookmarks: Never lose your place again in that bestseller by making one of these washi tape bookmarks!
- Washi tea lights: Decorate your tea lights in 10 seconds by wrapping some pretty washi tape around the circumference!
I’ve used washi tape in my DIY projects quite a few times! For a few more posts using washi tape, check out this post, this post, this post, or this post!
I’ve never used washi tape before, but it looks like a lot of fun!