Personalized countertop mail holder DIYJanuary 7, 2012
This project stems from my
dislike hatred of mail accumulating on our kitchen cart. We have been known to build a pile of multiple weeks’ worth of junk mail in our kitchen. Mostly circulars, credit card offers, advertisements, and the like. And it ain’t pretty! So I set about trying to at least get the mail off the countertop and in a dedicated (and pretty!) holder to free up the counter space. This is the easiest DIY project ever!
Personalized countertop mail holder DIY
- Take a silver mesh business card holder that you may not need.
- Find pretty scrapbook paper. Cut it approximately 2 inches wider than your business card holder and long enough to wrap all around.
- Using Mod Podge, adhere the paper all around the card holder.
- Cut a small rectangle out of black scrapbook paper for the label, and using a white paint pen, write “Mail” or “Stuff” or “Junk” or “Crap” on your label.
- Adhere it to the paper, and add a few shiny stickers to your creation. I used pink rhinestone crystals and I love how the pink contrasts with the black and white patterned paper.