This post contains affiliate links. All opinions are mine alone.
I recently picked up something called nutritional yeast from the store. Never heard of it? Don’t worry – many people haven’t! It is sold in the form of flakes or powder. It is actually a popular ingredient among vegans and vegetarians, because it mimics the flavor of cheese. Moreover, it’s a fabulous source of B-complex vitamins.
Recently, I decided to experiment a bit with this new ingredient in the kitchen and I added it to a bunch of savory recipes. Today’s recipe is one of my favorite ones for showcasing the flavor of nutritional yeast. This carb-free Wild Mushroom Linguine (no pasta here, folks) is seasoned with plenty of nutritional yeast and dressed with a delectable garlic lemon tahini sauce.
Wild Mushroom “Linguine” w/ Garlic Tahini
Start by sauteing some aromatics (onion & garlic) in olive oil over medium heat.
After the onion & garlic has become soft & translucent, add the wild mushroom slices. Add pink himalayan salt to the mushrooms and continue to cook over medium heat.
Once the mushrooms have cooked (about 5-8 minutes), push them to the circumference of the pan and add the zucchini noodles to the pan. Add some more olive oil, nutritional yeast flakes & salt. Cook another 5 minutes.
Once the noodles are fully cooked, put some in a bowl with some marinated artichokes, capers and olives. Prepare a small bowl of garlic tahini sauce using tahini (sesame seed paste), lemon juice, olive oil, and pressed garlic clove.
This bowl is flavorful and colorful and deliciously carb-free!
Each bite is guaranteed to please your taste buds! I like to make a big batch of this dish on the weekend and then reheat single servings in the microwave throughout the week.
- 1 lb zucchini noodles
- 1/2 lb wild mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, diced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1.5 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 1.5 tbsp tahini paste
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1. Saute the onion & garlic in the olive oil over medium heat.
- 2. After a few minutes, add the wild mushrooms and cook another 5-8 minutes. Add salt, to taste.
- 3. Once mushrooms have cooked, add zucchini noodles & nutritional yeast flakes. Cook until heated and soft throughout.
- 4. In a small bowl, combine the tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, and garlic. Add enough water to thin out the sauce to make it pour-able.
If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to check out some of my other carb-free creations below!