This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of This post brought to you by Southern Motion.. All opinions are 100% mine.
Now that the holiday season is in full swing, many of us are running around from morning until night, preparing meals, shopping for gifts and gearing up for parties. Also, consider that many of us sit for eight hours a day working at the computer… and it’s no wonder that so many Americans are stressed out on a daily basis. Today I’ll be sharing five reasons to add massage to your weekly routine, as well as discussing The History and Science Behind Massage.
Did you know that massage is one of the oldest forms of healing and has been practiced in ancient cultures throughout the world? In fact, the earliest form of massage originated in India around 3000 BC. It was known as Ayurveda, which translates to “the science of life” in Sanskirt. Ayurveda is the holistic practice of medicine that balances the mind, body and spirit through traditional techniques. When it comes to written records of massage, the earliest forms were found in Egypt and China. Back in 2500 BC, paintings on tombs were found that showed individuals being kneaded by other individuals. It is for this reason that Egyptians are thought to have created reflexology. In China, there have been medical texts from 2700 BC that outline the benefits of massage. Indeed massage dates back many, many centuries and The History and Science Behind Massage is quite fascinating.
Some people may mistakenly think that massage therapy is an indulgence, but it’s actually part of alternative medicine and offers various health benefits. There are a multitude of different types of massage therapy that are associated with a specific set of uses. Have you ever heard of a SoCozi massage chair? This revolutionary combination of modern furniture and massage technology is the perfect solution for busy individuals. With this massage chair, you can bring a massage right to you! Southern Motion is a leader in design and innovation when it comes to motion furniture. Their mission is to develop the “World’s Best Reclining Furniture”! Recently, Southern Motion partnered with Cozzia (a leader in massage technology) to create a unique and effective massage chair. The SoCozi massage chair features air cell technology, heat therapy and lumbar support to create a relaxation experience for the body and mind.
- The air cell design permits deep tissue massage.
- The heat region promotes relaxation & pain relief.
- The lumbar support creates proper spinal cord alignment.
I am totally crushing on these SoCozi massage chairs! It would make the perfect addition to my home office. After a long day of working away at the computer, spending 30-45 minutes in a SoCozi massage chair sounds like the perfect way to unwind and decompress! Plus, it’s possible to customize styles and fabrics to personalize the look of the chair. How does regular massage benefit the individual? Here are five reasons to include massage into your routine!
1. Relax the mind! Regular massage can help to calm the mind and clear one’s thoughts. It can even improve symptoms of depression and anxiety.
2. Relax the body! Massage has been shown to reduce stress hormones, such as epinephrine and cortisol. This means that the body can truly unwind and achieve a physical sense of calm.
3. Improve health conditions! Massage has shown to aid conditions like high blood pressure, fatigue, osteoarthritis and diabetes. With massage, the body has the potential to thrive!
4. Get better sleep! Massage has been associated with better sleep at night. We all need a good night’s sleep and since massage promotes deep relaxation, it is conducive to high-quality rest at night.
5. Be more flexible! This one may seem surprising at first, but massage can indeed improve one’s flexibility. Increased flexibility results in better athletic performance and lower risk of injury.
I hope these tips have inspired you to consider a SoCozi massage chair for yourself this holiday season. It also makes the perfect gift for anyone on your holiday shopping list. Don’t forget to learn more about The History and Science Behind Massage. How do you unwind and de-stress after a long day?