Spicy Potato SaladJune 12, 2017
This post is sponsored by Colman’s Mustard. All opinions are mine alone.
During the summer, we love to invite our family & friends over to our backyard and enjoy some great food & wonderful company. One of our staple recipes for summer gatherings is a great potato salad. Today, I’m going to share with you all a fun twist on the classic recipe. This potato salad combines the brightness of fresh peas, the sourness of pickles, the heat of Colman’s Mustard Powder and the creaminess of coconut milk. I can’t wait to share the details (scroll all the way to the bottom for the detailed recipe).
Spicy Potato Salad
You can use any type of potatoes for this recipe, but I chose to use these gourmet medley potatoes. They come in different colors (so festive, right?) and are smaller in size. Baby red potatoes would also make a good choice, but even regular old Russet potatoes would work.
While the potatoes are cooking in boiling water, I gathered the rest of my ingredients: scallions, peas, coconut milk, pickles, red pepper flakes, and Colman’s Mustard Powder. This flavorful mustard is perfect for all of my summer recipes. Since it’s in powder form, it’s so convenient to add the flavor & heat of mustard into so many different recipes.
Once the potatoes are cooked & cooled, I combined them in a bowl with scallions, pickles and peas. I also combined the other remaining ingredients to form the sauce. With Colman’s Mustard, you can add a little bit (or a lot) of heat to all your favorite recipes.
Once the sauce is poured over the salad, the dish is complete- and ready to be enjoyed! I love the balance of flavors and textures in this dish.
With Colman’s Mustard Powder, my summer recipes are definitely taken to the next level. I know I will be reaching for Colman’s Mustard many more times this season!
Want the detailed recipe? Save or print the recipe card below.
- 1 pound multi-colored potatoes
- 2 tbsp Colman's Mustard Powder
- 3/4 cup scallions, sliced
- 3/4 cup dill pickles, diced
- 1 cup green peas
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1. Cut the potatoes into bite-sized pieces.
- 2. Place the potatoes in boiling water for ~15 minutes. Drain and let cool.
- 3. In a big mixing bowl, combine the potatoes, scallions, peas and pickles.
- 4. To prepare the sauce, combine the coconut milk, Colman's Mustard, red pepper flakes and salt & pepper.
- 5. Pour the sauce over the potato mixture and stir to evenly coat the potato salad.