There’s something about dipping fries in a sauce that really elevates the fry eating experience. If you ask me, a garlic-based sauce is pure perfection when paired with crunchy, crispy fries! Today’s recipe features sweet potato fries… that slightly sweet cousin of the good ol’ white potato.
Why sweet potatoes? Well, the number one reason is that they’re downright delicious! The second reason is that sweet potatoes are Paleo-approved. If you’ve never heard of Paleo eating, this is a good overview of the movement. It’s taking the Internet by storm recently and for good reason! This way of eating is healthy and delicious.
If you’re a subscriber of my blog, you may have seen some posts regarding my struggles with the sacroiliac joint. So I will be trying the Autoimmune Protocol diet (AIP), which is really a more restrictive form of Paelo. For more on the AIP diet, please check out this post.
Please note that I will be sharing some Paleo and some AIP recipes on here, but I will continue to share everything else I’ve been sharing, too. My kids and husband don’t have any dietary restrictions, so I’ll still be sharing fun “normal” recipes too!
Rosemary Sweet Potato Fries w/ Garlic Mayo
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp dried rosemary
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp coconut milk solids
- 3 garlic cloves, minced finely
- 2 tsp olive oil
- sat & pepper, to taste
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2. Peel the sweet potatoes. Cut into long, rustic strips.
- 3. Coat in olive oil & rosemary.
- 4. Bake for ~30-40 minutes, tossing occasionally.
- 5. Remove from oven and season with salt & pepper.
- 6. For the sauce, combine the sauce ingredients in a food processor and serve cold.
I hope this recipe inspired you to try something different. Let me know if you’d like to see other Paleo / AIP recipes in the future!