My Morning Routine & DIY Wood Bead TrivetJanuary 23, 2017
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #TeaProudly #CollectiveBias
Some days can be quite hectic, but I have developed a morning routine that helps me start my day in the best possible way. From sipping some Bigelow Tea to making a to-do list, I’m sharing what I do in the mornings to stay on track throughout the day. I will also be sharing the tutorial for making a cute DIY Wood Bead Trivet/Coasters for my morning tea. Did you know that January is Hot Tea Month? In fact, more Americans than ever are proudly drinking tea nowadays! #TeaProudly with me and so many other Americans!
By the way, before I share my morning routine with you, I want to share an amazing sweepstakes with you. Use the widget below to enter the Ultimate Relaxation Getaway Sweepstakes!
#TeaProudly Bigelow Sweepstakes
Now, let’s get right to my morning routine. Here’s how I start my day:
1. Wake up early: If I have to start getting ready at 7am, I will usually set my alarm clock for 6:30. The extra 30 minutes really goes a long way in helping me feel productive and less rushed in the morning. I really value my time to just sit down in the mornings and sip some hot tea, which brings me to my next point.
2. Make tea: Every morning, once I head to the kitchen, the first order of business is steeping some tea. My morning tea ritual is a relaxing way to focus on myself for a few minutes before the hustle & bustle of the day ensues. I have been really enjoying the taste & wide selection of Bigelow Tea. When faced with many options in the tea aisle, I found that Bigelow Tea is really the smart choice! By choosing Bigelow Tea, I “TEA PROUDLY”. Do you tea proudly, too?
I “tea proudly”…
3. Check the calendar: I usually take some time in the mornings to check my calendar for the day. This lets me plan out my day and figure out if I have any particular tasks that are due. I will also usually make a to-do list at this time to help keep me on track for the day.
4. Eat a well-rounded breakfast: I am not someone who can skip breakfast. I always like to eat a well-rounded breakfast to get my day off to the best start. I usually try to have protein, along with some fruits. One common option for me is a few hard-boiled eggs paired with a banana & apple.
Now that I’ve shared my morning routine, I can’t wait to share how I made this totally cute set of coasters and a teapot trivet – made from wooden beads/blocks.
DIY Wood Bead Trivet
Here’s what you’ll need for this project:
- wood beads and wood blocks
- hot glue gun & glue sticks
- acrylic paint in a few complementary colors
- paint brush
- felt or foam sheets, in black & white
- waterproofing spray (optional
Start by painting some of the wood blocks & beads. On some blocks/beads, I painted the whole thing, while on others, I only painted half for a color-blocked look.
Cut a circle out of the white felt/foam sheet, making sure it is big enough to support a teapot. Cut two squares out of the black felt/foam sheets, making sure each is the typical size of a coaster.
Using hot glue, attach the wood blocks to the square black sheet, alternating between unpainted and painted blocks in a random fashion.
Using this procedure, I made two coasters using the wood blocks and one teapot trivet using the wood beads.
Now, my coasters and trivet are all ready for my morning tea ritual. As an optional step, you could apply some waterproofing spray to the trivet/coasters for a bit more durability. I recently picked up some delicious Bigelow Tea in three fun flavors: Vanilla Chai, Peppermint, and Mint Medley. With Bigelow Tea, I can Tea Proudly knowing that the tea I am enjoying is of the highest quality and produced by a company that is totally passionate about tea!
I love enjoying a hot mug of Bigelow Tea Mint Medley first thing in the morning. It really helps wake me up and get ready to start my day. Peppermint is my favorite flavor to enjoy in the evening right before bedtime. Vanilla Chai is my go-to flavor when I’m looking for a delicious mid-afternoon beverage. All Bigelow Tea varieties are manufactured in the US with the highest-quality ingredients. Plus, the individual foil packaging keeps the tea fresh. For me, drinking tea is not just about quenching my thirst. Rather, sipping tea is a warm, cozy and enjoyable ritual that I look forward to every morning. It soothes my soul, relaxes my nerves, sparks chit chat with others and creates beautiful memories.
On this particular morning, I was making tea for my husband and myself, and since this teapot holds about 3 cups of water, I added three teabags into the pot. I placed the teapot on my newly-made trivet. Did you know that millions of Americans of all ages share the love and enjoyment of tea? Let’s continue to make it a proud American tradition that is gaining popularity every year!
Sipping tea is something that I actually do throughout the day. I enjoy hot teas and iced teas throughout the year. Did you know that tea is second only to water as the most widely consumed beverage in the world? In fact, 82% of Americans drink tea regularly!
I absolutely love the flavor of Bigelow Tea Mint Medley. It’s a delicious blend of garden spearmint and peppermint. I appreciate that it’s also caffeine-free and all natural!
If you’ve never started your day with some hot tea, I totally recommend it. Tomorrow, steep some Bigelow Tea and get your day off to a fabulous start! In fact, tea is actually considered trendy nowadays, with 42% of Americans under the age of 30 preferring to drink tea. In the meantime, join the #TeaProudly community, where you can stay informed about everything that’s brewing in the tea world. Share why you #TeaProudly: your favorite drink, when you enjoy it, who you drink tea with, etc.
Are you also a fan of Bigelow Tea? Watch this cute video to find out more about what makes Bigelow Tea unique!
To keep up-to-date on the latest from Bigelow, be sure to check them out on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Look for Bigelow Tea in the tea aisle of your local Walmart store.
Now, tell me: Do you #TeaProudly? Which is your favorite flavor? What does your morning routine look like?