Tips for Traveling with ToddlersOctober 1, 2016
We are always on the go! We love taking a road trip to grandma’s house, heading to the playground for a play date, or visiting the local children’s museum for a fun-filled day. One thing that’s certain when traveling with young kids is that they need snacks to keep them content during the trip! Several months ago, we tried the Gerber® Lil’ Beanies™ snacks and we still love these snacks for our kids. Today, I will be sharing some tips on successful travel with young kids.
During a recent shopping trip to Target, I picked up some more of the new Gerber® Lil’ Beanies™ snacks. I love that I can find it easily in the baby/toddler snack aisle and I love that it’s available at such a great value.
Now, let’s get to my list of tips for traveling with toddlers!
Tips for Traveling with Toddlers
1. Schedule trips around nap time. Does your little one love to sleep in the car? Schedule your trip during nap time and enjoy a quiet, peaceful ride! Does your little one dislike sleeping in the car? Then schedule your trip right after baby’s nap, so she can be well-rested and content during the trip.
2. Bring along toys for baby. If your child enjoys coloring, then consider bringing along a small portable art set so she can make masterpieces in the back seat. If your child really loves her stuffed animals, bring them along so she can take care of her “babies” during the trip. Is your little one fascinated by play dough? Consider bringing along a small amount in the car so she can knead and mold it to her heart’s content.
3. Plan on making many stops along the way. Just like adults, kids need to stretch their legs every hour or so. Stop at rest areas and let everyone use the restroom and walk around for a bit.
4. Try to avoid rush hour traffic. Whenever possible, try to plan your trip so that you’re not driving during the peak of rush hour traffic. Nobody likes sitting in heavy traffic, especially young kids!
5. Have plenty of snacks on hand. We love the Gerber® Lil’ Beanies™ snacks for our kids, as it’s a baked snack made with the goodness of navy beans! This is a snack I can feel good about serving to my kids!
There are two flavors of Gerber® Lil’ Beanies™ available: Original and White Cheddar & Broccoli. My kids really enjoy both flavors, and I love that there are plenty of nutritious veggies mixed in!
My toddler really looks forward to snack time thanks to Gerber® Lil’ Beanies™ snacks. She loves being able to help herself by reaching into the container- I think it boosts her confidence and independence!
Gerber® Lil’ Beanies™ is child-approved for its great taste. I love that it’s not made with any genetically engineered (GM) ingredients, and it has no artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives. Plus, it offers an amazing 2 grams of protein and 1 gram of fiber per serving. Packed with the nutrients my kids need, this is a snack I’m happy to serve to my kids.
To keep up-to-date on the latest news & offers from Gerber®, be sure to check them out on Instagram!
Thank you to Gerber for sponsoring today’s post and inspiring me to try their new Gerber® Lil’ BeaniesTM Snack!