This post is sponsored by Extended Stay America. All opinion are mine alone.
The hustle and bustle of the holiday season can get overwhelming: shopping for gifts, decorating the house, gearing up for holiday parties, and so on. Sometimes it can be so sweet to just take a trip for the weekend and get away from the daily routine. We recently visited Princeton with the kids and checked out the Extended Stay America hotel! Today, I will be sharing some tips on traveling with kids!
Tips for Traveling with Kids & Our Trip to Princeton
1. Pack light: When it comes to traveling with young kids, nothing is more frustrating than having to go through three suitcases to find that one stuffed animal that your three-year-old wants. That’s why when we go away – whether it’s for one night or one week – I try to pack efficiently. That means we only bring the items that we know we will need!
2. Make stops along the way: If the trip involves spending a decent amount of time in the car, be sure to make some stops along the route. Get out at least once per hour to let everyone use the restroom & and stretch their legs. Little kids can get quite restless sitting in a car for long periods of time, so these stops are so important to keep everyone comfortable and content.
3. Stop at kid-oriented attractions: It may be tempting to spend the day shopping at the outlets or to go suntanning on the beach for hours, but when traveling with kids, consider their needs & interests first. Whenever we are visiting a new town, we like to stop at a kid’s play place to keep the kids entertained. Examples include an indoor amusement park, an arcade, a playground, etc. In this way, the kids are more likely to be willing to do other stuff – like shopping at those outlets – after they’ve burned off some energy running around.
4. Bring snacks for the car: Driving in the car can definitely get monotonous. That’s why I always bring plenty of snacks and drinks in the car for the kids. I usually stick to non-perishable snacks, like dried fruits, nuts, crackers, and pretzels. I also bring bottles of water or diluted juice.
5. Stay at a comfortable hotel: When it comes to accommodations on vacation, we always look for a hotel with plenty of amenities. We recently had the pleasure of visiting the Extended Stay America location in Princeton, NJ.
Our room was large, clean and comfortable. Each room has free Wi-Fi, so I was able to easily get some work done during my time there. As a blogger, I really value free Wi-Fi! 😉
What really makes this hotel chain unique is that each room includes a fully-equipped kitchen! Yes, each room features a refrigerator, microwave, stove top and sink. There was even enough counter top space to prepare meals!
In fact, during our stay, I whipped together a quick chicken noodle soup for my daughter, who wasn’t feeling well. I love that this hotel offers guests the ability to prepare meals conveniently from their rooms.
When traveling, spending money at restaurants can get quite costly. Being able to prepare meals from the hotel room is a fabulous way to save some money. We even kept some milk in the refrigerator so we could make some cereal & milk for breakfast or a snack!
The hotel also features a free grab-and-go breakfast, flat screen TVs in all rooms, and modern updated bathrooms. We really enjoyed our time at this hotel and hope to head back soon!
To keep up-to-date on the latest news & offers from Extended Stay America, follow them on social media: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.
What are your tips for traveling with kids? Have you ever stayed at an Extended Stay America hotel? Would you love the convenience of a full-service kitchen in your hotel room?