Toddlers can definitely be picky eaters! Whether it’s just a passing phase or a continual battle, dealing with picky eaters can be one of the most challenging parts of parenting. That’s why finding delicious, nutritious snacks that the kids love is always a top priority for me! During a recent trip to Target, I came across a new snack for toddlers: the Gerber® Lil’ Beanies™! They are so crunchy and delicious… and the best part is that my kids absolutely love them!
Today, I’m excited to share some useful snacking tips that have worked well for us!
Successful Snacking Tips for Toddlers
1. Safe Snacking: Avoid letting your child snack while lying down or reclined. Make sure all snacking takes place while the child is sitting up to minimize the risk of choking.
2. Snack Together: Like adults, children love to dine with others! When it’s time for your child to eat, sit down next to her and enjoy a yummy snack together!
3. Snack at the Table: Just like with regular meals, make sure that your child eats at the table. It will create positive habits for the future, as well as keep the rest of the house free of crumbs.
4. Space out Snacks: Children like to have a snack every few hours. Make sure you’re pacing out their meals & snacks so they’re always satisfied.
5. Nutritious Snacks: It’s extremely important to introduce your child to healthy, wholesome snacks at a young age. We love Gerber® Lil’ Beanies™ snack, because it’s nutritious and easily portable! It’s available in two flavors: Original and White Cheddar & Broccoli. I really love that Gerber® Lil’ Beanies™ has 2 grams of protein (9% Daily Value) and 1 gram of fiber per serving. It’s the perfect snack to satisfy my picky eater!
I also appreciate that Gerber® Lil’ Beanies™ is an easy snack for my toddler to feed herself. That frees up some more time for myself to take care of other things! Both of my kids really enjoy this snack, which is a great thing for the whole family. After all, when the kids are content & satisfied, the whole family is happier! I set out a few containers of the Gerber® Lil’ Beanies™ on the craft table, where my kids were busy making a masterpiece.
It didn’t take long before a few little hands found their way to these snacks!
Gerber® Lil’ Beanies™ is actually a clean snack for my child! It’s made with navy beans and it’s naturally flavored! I can really feel good about serving to my kids, since there are no genetically engineered (GM) ingredients, artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. During the summer, we spend a lot of time outdoors, and Gerber® Lil’ Beanies™ is the perfect snack to bring outdoors into our gazebo for fun snacking outdoors.
I also love that Gerber® Lil’ Beanies™ is so easy to bring on-the-go! My diaper bag always has a few things in it: diapers, wipes, a beverage for my toddler and Gerber® Lil’ Beanies™.
We found Gerber® Lil’ Beanies™ at our local Target store. I came across it while walking down the baby food aisles. Be sure to look for this snack at your local Target store!
To stay up-to-date on the latest news & offers from Gerber®, be sure to follow them on Instagram!
Be sure to learn more about Gerber® Lil’ Beanies™ and head over to your local Target store to try the snack for yourself. How do you find new snacks for your child? Are you looking for delicious, portable snacks for your kids?
Thank you to Gerber for sponsoring today’s post and inspiring my little one to eat healthy!