This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #KingOfFlavor #CollectiveBias
When it comes to football games, one thing is certain… it’s always more fun when you’re watching with family & friends! Every year, we love to invite our loved ones over for a fun homegating party! Today, I will be sharing some tips on how to throw a successful homegating party for your friends & family. I will also be sharing one of our favorite recipes of all time: Spicy Honey Garlic Meatballs using El Yucateco® Red Chile Habanero sauce. This sauce really enhances the flavor of the food!
Want a sneak peek at these meatballs?
Spicy Honey Garlic Meatballs
Did you know that El Yucateco® is the #1 authentic habanero hot sauce? In fact, El Yucateco® sauces are made from hand-picked habaneros and are crafted to provide rich flavor with the perfect amount of heat! I really love the conveniently small size of the bottles. I can actually carry a bottle in my handbag so I can be prepared to flavor my food at tailgating events or even my fave restaurant! These sauces really enhance the flavor of food, so it’s no wonder that this is a #1 consumer choice! I picked up three varieties of El Yucateco® sauce: Green Chile Habanero, Red Chile Habanero, and XXX Hot Kutbil-ik.
Want a chance to win some amazing, one-of-a-kind tailgating packages? Enter the El Yucateco® sweepstakes below and a few lucky winners will be selected!
Before I get to the specific recipe for my Spicy Honey Garlic Meatballs, let me share with you some tips on throwing your own successful homegating party:
1. Decorate with team colors: Show your team spirit by outfitting your home with your favorite team’s colors! For example, use a tablecloth, plates, napkins, etc. that depict your team’s colors. If you want to go all out, consider purchasing posters and cozy throws that feature your favorite team on them!
2. Personalize the gear: Consider placing some chalkboard labels next to the wine glasses and beer bottles. Let everyone write their name on their beverage so nobody loses track of their drink during half-time!
3. Prepare ahead of time: Think about preparing some of the food ahead of time. Some dishes, like chilli, can be prepared a few days before the party, and simply reheated on the day of the event. Take advantage of time-savers like this!
4. Offer many beverage options: When I throw parties, I find that everyone prefers a different beverage. Some people prefer wine. Others feel that beer is the only acceptable drink during homegating parties. Others don’t drink alcohol and want options like fruit punch, soda or iced tea. I always serve a wide variety of beverage options to suit everyone’s taste.
5. Feed the team: Nothing is more important during homegating parties than the food! People want delicious, mouth-watering foods that are sure to please a crowd. I always try to offer a wide variety of options (chili, hamburgers, hot dogs, meatballs, etc.) for all my guests. Another thing I found is that finger foods are always a hit at parties!
Speaking of feeding a crowd, let’s get right to my recipe now. Start by placing ground beef, onions, garlic, breadcrumbs, honey, and 3 tbsps. of El Yucateco® Red Chile Habanero sauce in a medium mixing bowl.
Use a tablespoon measure to portion out even sizes of the meat mixture. Using wet hands, roll the mixture into smooth balls.
Place the meatballs on a frying pan over medium-high heat. Rotate every few minutes until browned on the outside and fully cooked on the inside.
Serve the meatballs on a tray with a little bowl of El Yucateco® Red Chile Habanero sauce for dipping.
I also inserted these clear toothpicks into the meatballs to make it easier for my guests to grab a meatball!
In addition to the El Yucateco® Red Chile Habanero sauce, I also purchased other varieties of El Yucateco® sauce. I picked up the El Yucateco® Green Chile Habanero sauce and the El Yucateco® XXX Hot Kutbil-ik sauce. I decided to pour small amounts of those into little bowls, too, so my guests have a nice variety of hot sauces!
When it comes to hosting a party, I have always found that giving my guests a wide variety of options is always a win!
The El Yucateco® Red Chile Habanero sauce is part of the mixture of these meatballs. I love the flavor of this sauce, as it’s made with fresh red habanero peppers, tomatoes and spices! It’s such a versatile sauce that works well with so many dishes. In fact, it’s an ideal “all-purpose” sauce for those everyday recipes. Keep in mind that this sauce offers a bit more spice than the typical hot sauce but it has less vinegar, so the true flavor of the pepper stands out!
Did you know that the El Yucateco® Green Chile Habanero sauce is their #1 seller nationally? Made with fresh green habanero peppers, garlic and spices, this sauce packs more heat than the red variety. There is a crisp habanero flavor that boosts the flavor of any dish if used as a condiment or an ingredient. In fact, this sauce is perfect with lighter foods, such as chicken, fish and veggies. Blend it with a creamy dressing (like Ranch or Caesar) for a tasty dip that’s sure to please any crowd!
The El Yucateco® XXX Hot Kutbil-ik sauce is actually a recipe rescued from the Mayan vault! How cool is that? Free of artificial coloring, this sauce has 90% of the fruit (the ripest habaneros), lending a wonderful rustic flavor to this sauce. Keep in mind that this is their hottest sauce (it measures 12K on Scoville sale!), but it’s an everyday favorite of hot sauce lovers across the country! The true habanero flavor really comes through with this sauce, so be sure to pair this sauce with something equivalently strong in flavor. For example, you can pour this sauce over steak when grilling for a deliciously flavor meal!
Look for El Yucateco® sauces at your local Target store in the Hispanic food aisle.
Want a printable version of this recipe? Here you go!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 tablespoon El Yucateco® Red Chile Habanero sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 small white onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1. Mix all ingredients in a medium glass bowl.
- 2. Form little balls with the meat mixture. Use a tablespoon measure for uniform sizes.
- 3. Place the meatballs on a frying pan over medium-high heat. Rotate every few minutes until fully cooked inside.
- 4. Let cool on a paper towel. Serve with extra El Yucateco® Red Chile Habanero sauce.
Have you ever made a recipe with an El Yucateco® sauce? Will you be hosting any football parties this year? Do you love the flavor & spice of El Yucateco® sauces?