Battling Seasonal Allergies: 5 Simple SolutionsNovember 17, 2016
This post was sponsored on behalf of RAYCOP. All opinions stated are my own.
During this time of year, my husband and my youngest daughter suffer from seasonal allergies. It’s something that we have learned to manage by using some simple solutions that keep the pollen & other allergens at bay. From keeping the windows shut to using the RAYCOP RS2 regularly, we can combat seasonal allergies effectively. If you or someone you know suffers from allergies, be sure to keep reading for my top five solutions for dealing with seasonal allergies. Plus, find out how you can win a RAYCOP LITE purifier (MSRP: $189.99) for your own home.
Battling Seasonal Allergies: 5 Simple Solutions
Here are my top five tips on keeping the allergens at bay:
1. Go shoeless at home: Did you know that allergens from outdoors are often brought into the home via your shoes? Getting into the habit of leaving your shoes at the door is an easy way to minimize the introduction of allergens into the home. I leave my shoes in this cute basket near my front door to keep things tidy in my entryway.
2. Ditch the carpets: A soft cushion under the feet may feel nice, but carpeting is notorious for being a haven to dust mites and other allergens. Ditch all the carpeting and switch to bare floors or area rugs instead.
3. Shut the windows: The fresh air may feel nice on a breezy day, but if seasonal allergies pose a problem for your health, consider shutting the windows of your home. Especially on days with reportedly high levels of pollen, switch on the air conditioning or heating system to keep your home comfortable. Of course, make sure that the air filter for the HVAC system is replaced regularly. We recently installed a smart thermostat that makes it so easy to keep our home comfortable.
4. Check the pollen forecast: Many local weather channels will broadcast an estimated pollen count on a daily basis. Get into the habit of checking the forecast regularly and plan your day accordingly. If the pollen is unusually high today, skip the park and head to the mall instead.
5. Use the RAYCOP RS2 regularly: RAYCOP purifiers are effective at sanitizing many different surfaces in the home. These purifiers feature a dual filtration system incorporating a high efficiency particulate arresting (HEPA) filter, which captures 99.9% of common allergens. Paired with ultraviolet light technology, proper suction and pulsating pads, RAYCOP purifiers are 3 times more effective at removing allergens and outdoor pollutants than a standard vacuum!
With the RAYCOP RS2 purifier, I actually save so much water and energy each month. I can purify my pillows, decorative throws, curtains, and bed linens without having to run the washing machine or use a professional cleaning service. How convenient is that?! Here I am using the RAYCOP RS2 to sanitize a decorative pillow.
The RAYCOP RS2 is not just for delicate fabrics. Featuring a well-balanced combination of UV sterilization, vibration, suction and filtration, the RAYCOP RS2 is effective at sanitizing heavier, more durable materials like our new king-sized mattress.
RAYCOP products have earned a wonderful reputation over the years. RAYCOP is actually a leader in ultra-violet light purifiers, designing their products with the highest quality standards. Thanks to the high level of quality control, sales, and support, you can rest assured that your RAYCOP purifier will deliver the high quality that you have come to expect.
There are two models of RAYCOP purifiers in the US: the $189.99 RAYCOP LITE (lighter, more portable option) and the $349.99 RAYCOP RS2 (offering multiple modes from delicate to heavy). I love that the RAYCOP LITE is perfect for more delicate surfaces (clothing, for example) and the RAYCOP LITE makes it possible to sanitize things like the yoga mat. With the RAYCOP RS2, there are multiple cleaning modes and I can select the mode that best suits the cleaning task at hand.
One of my favorite uses for the RAYCOP RS2 is to sanitize our microfiber sofa. This sofa actually doesn’t have a removable cover, so I would have no other way to clean or sanitize this fabric.
Want to keep up-to-date with the latest news & info from RAYCOP? Sign up for their newsletter here! Now, it’s giveaway time! One lucky winner will be randomly selected to win a RAYCOP LITE (MSRP: $189.99). Enter the giveaway using the widget below.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Get your RAYCOP purifier today by clicking here! Does someone in your house suffer from seasonal allergies?