Protecting Baby’s Skin During Allergy SeasonMay 2, 2016
This post and giveaway were made possible by iConnect and Dreft. I was compensated for my participation in this campaign, but all opinions are 100% mine.
After becoming a mom, I quickly realized that doing laundry will become an everyday chore around my house. Between messy meals, baby spit-up and potty accidents, washing my kids’ clothing is a never-ending activity. However, when it comes to the best laundry detergent that’s effective on stains yet gentle on baby’s skin, nothing compares to Dreft! I love that it’s completely hypoallergenic and very gentle on baby’s skin! #DreftSpring is something I’m recommending to all my mommy friends!
Since the weather has warmed up around here recently, we have been spending more and more time outdoors. My daughters can spend all day outside. Whether they’re playing in their swing set, building castles in the sandbox, or simply running around collecting leaves, they truly love being outside. For me, that means even more laundry to clean. Between dirt stains, grass stains, and other messes, laundry piles up around here very quickly. Since my younger daughter has always been sensitive to environmental allergens, I prefer to use Dreft on her clothing. It smells great and keeps her skin protected!
Are you looking for ways to protect baby’s skin during allergy season? Here are some tips to help you get through Spring & Summer!
Tips for Protecting Baby’s Skin During Allergy Season
1. Keep bath time short. If baby is over-exposed to water, it can actually dry out her skin and remove the natural moisture. Only 10 minutes of warm water with a mild cleanser is enough to cleanse baby and keep her skin in top shape.
2. Keep baby hydrated. As baby spends more time outdoors playing in the sun, dehydration is a real risk. Focus on increasing fluids (breastmilk, formula, water, etc.) to ensure baby stays well hydrated.
3. Protect the skin. Avoid going outside with baby when the sun exposure is at its highest (between 10a – 4pm). This will help prevent flareups of skin conditions like eczema.
4. Use sunscreen. As long as baby is older than 6 months, liberally apply sunscreen to baby’s skin and re-apply as directed. This will help keep baby’s skin protected from the harsh rays of the sun.
5. Use a gentle, hypoallergenic laundry detergent. Dreft is a top choice by many pediatricians for its effective cleaning power and hypoallergenic nature.
There are different varieties of Dreft that are designed for different stages of babyhood. Dreft Stage 1: Newborn is specially formulated for the needs of a newborn and is very gentle on baby’s sensitive skin. Dreft Stage 2: Active Baby is also gentle on baby’s skin but can combat messy food stains & various outdoor messes. Dreft Blissfuls offers a lovely long-lasting scent that lasts for a long time. This scent is still designed not to irritate baby’s sensitive skin.
Did you know that Dreft is the #1 baby laundry detergent choice of pediatricians throughout the country? For over 80 years, Dreft has been effectively cleaning the clothing of children everywhere.
Recently, Dreft joined forces with Dr. Dyan Hes (@gramercypeds). She is a respected pediatrician and mom. She will be sharing her expert tips to make sure that baby is comfortable and safe during Spring during an upcoming Twitter party! Be sure to join @Dreft on May 9th from 9-10pm EST. RSVP for the Twitter party here!
Now, it’s giveaway time! Dreft is hosting a giveaway for a Dreft Hypoallergenic Package (ARV $60)! It includes Dreft products (Newborn, Active Baby, & Blissfuls), as well as a gorgeous gender-neutral hypoallergenic blanket! Here’s a picture of everything you will receive!
Enter below. Good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Now, learn more about what makes Dreft unique and tell me: Have you ever used Dreft? How do you prepare for allergy season? Is laundry a never-ending chore in your house, too?