Living a healthy lifestyle is very important to me. In addition to working out several times per week and eating balanced, wholesome meals, I try to make smart snack choices throughout the day. Today, I will be sharing some tips on healthy snacking, as well as discussing why purchasing Weight Watchers brand products from the supermarket helps me plan my snacks during the week.
Healthy Snack Ideas
Now, let’s get to my list of smart snacking tips!
1. Eat regular meals. I find that if I skip a meal, I am much more likely to make poor food choices during the rest of the day. Therefore, I make sure that each of my meals, especially breakfast, is well-rounded and satisfying!
2. Don’t buy junk food. Resist the temptation to buy potato chips, cakes and other unhealthy foods at the supermarket. If they’re not in the house, then you won’t be able to ruin your diet with them!
3. Plan your snacks. If you purchase smart snacks at the supermarket, then you won’t resort to unhealthy alternatives during the day. During a recent trip to Stop & Shop, I bought all these delicious goodies. With these products, I can enjoy healthier snacks that don’t sacrifice taste or flavor!
I often like to buy individually-wrapped snacks that I can throw in my purse for a craving when I’m on-the-go. These Weight Watchers Triple Chocolate Brownie Bliss snacks are a perfect solution. I love that each serving is only have 80 calories; this is a smarter alternative to cookies, cakes or other sweets.
With real chocolate ganache and a delicious chocolaty coating, this is a snack that’s sure to satisfy that sweet tooth!
a snack that’s sure to satisfy that sweet tooth
4. Aim for variety in your snacks. Nobody wants to eat the same thing every day. The same goes for your snacks. Be sure to incorporate a variety of snack foods in your diet. If I’m craving something crunchy, I usually opt for Jolly Time Healthy Pop Butter Popcorn. With only 20 calories per cup and 94% fat free, this is a snack that I can feel good! This guilt-free snack is definitely a must-buy during my weekly supermarket trips.
We do a Family Movie Night every week, and a bowl of popcorn is always a part of that equation! 🙂
In fact, my idea of the perfect snack to accompany a movie is a bowl of popcorn and a glass of unsweetened iced tea.
I’m not always craving something salty & crunchy like popcorn. If I’m craving something sweet, Weight Watchers Coconut Chocolates are true perfection. These are also individually wrapped, so they’re perfect for tossing into my purse or diaper bag. With only 50 calories per serving, this is another guilt-free snack for me! Instead of consuming a full candy bar with an obscenely high number of calories, I can enjoy the delicious taste of chocolate and coconut in a bite-sized, single-serving portion!
I really love the combination of rich, delicious chocolate and delicate coconut flakes.
5. Incorporate protein in your snacks. Another thing I keep in mind when planning my snacks is I try to include some protein in my snacks. When I consume protein-rich foods, I find that I stay fuller longer. One of my favorite combinations is a string cheese with some fruits. I love the Weight Watchers Light String Cheese, since it has only 50 calories per serving and an impressive 6 grams of protein per serving.
Now that I’ve shared some of my healthy snack ideas, you can use these tips to make sure your house is well-stocked with smart snack choices. Before you head to the store, take advantage of this fabulous offer. Stop by your local Stop & Shop between 9/1/16 – 9/28/16 and when you buy any (5) FIVE participating Weight Watchers products (excluding Heinz SmartOnes & Meeting Room Products), you’ll Save $3.00 instantly while supplies last!
To stay up-to-date on the latest news & promotions from Weight Watchers, be sure to check them out on Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest.
Now, learn more about how Weight Watchers products can help you snack smarter and tell me: What are your favorite go-to snacks? How do you stay on track when you get a craving on-the-go?