This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SkinCareForBaby #CollectiveBias
Between taking care of the kids, keeping up with this blog, and handling other everyday chores, there’s little time left at the end of the day. That’s why when it comes to baby essentials like diapers & wipes, I always stick to my trusted Huggies® products. In particular, I love Huggies® Little Snugglers diapers and Huggies® Natural Care wipes, since they are offered at a great value and always keep baby’s skin in top shape! Speaking of everyday life, I’m usually running around with the kids during the day, so today, I’m excited to share with you the tutorial for a No-Sew Diaper Changing Pad to facilitate on-the-go diaper changes!
DIY No-Sew Diaper Changing Pad
This diaper changing pad came together fairly quickly! I can’t wait to show you how to make one for yourself. Please don’t be intimidated by this easy project, even if you’re not comfortable with a needle & thread! I do not sew, but this project is made quick and easy thanks to some iron-on hem tape! Let’s get to the tutorial now, shall we?
Here’s what you’ll need!
- 3/4 yard cotton fabric (I chose a gorgeous floral one!)
- 3/4 yard oilcloth (water-resistant) fabric
- 1/4 yard complementary cotton fabric (for the pocket)
- iron-on hem tape
- double-fold bias tape in a complementary color
- pair of scissors
- level or straight-edge
1. Cut both the oilcloth and cotton fabrics into rectangles about 20″ x 27″.
2. Place the oilcloth fabric right-side down on the floor. Place the cotton fabric right-side up on top of the oilcloth fabric. Place iron-on hem tape along the complete perimeter and use the iron to adhere the fabrics together.
Here’s what the piece should look like at this point. Don’t worry about the raw edges- we’ll fix that in the next step!
3. Now, it’s time to clean up those edges. Using the hem tape, adhere the bias tape all around the changing pad. Again, use the iron to secure it in place.
Here’s what the changing pad should look like at this point.
Don’t the edges look nice and crisp?
4. It’s time to add a pocket to keep some of my Huggies® Little Snugglers diapers handy when I’m on-the-go! Making a pocket is really easy. First, cut a piece of the complementary fabric to the size of a rectangle about 7″x5″. Fold over a small (1/2″) hem on all four sides. Then, using the hem tape, adhere the pocket to the changing pad on only three sides (according to the picture below).
Now, we have a working pocket!
My DIY No-Sew Changing Pad is officially done! I love that I was able to create this changing pad using fabrics that I selected!
Now, all I need to do is grab my diaper changing essentials, like Huggies® Little Snugglers diapers & Huggies® Natural Care Wipes.
Now, I can fill my changing pad pocket with my favorite diapers- the Huggies® Little Snugglers diapers! These diapers are designed to keep baby’s skin clean & healthy, which is so important to me! They actually feature a GentleAbsorb* Liner (sizes N-2), which offers a soft layer of protection between baby’s skin and the mess. In addition, these diapers feature a Wetness Indicator (sizes N-3), which offers a quick way to determine whether baby’s diaper needs to be changed. And for newborns, the Umbilical Cord Cut-out is the perfect solution to protect delicate belly-buttons. I love these diapers thanks to their great value, cute designs & fantastic absorbency. I always keep some with me when we leave the house!
Together, the Huggies® Little Snugglers diapers and Huggies® Natural Care Wipes work together to keep baby’s skin in top shape! These wipes are very soft for baby’s delicate skin. They also feature TripleClean* Layers, which is durable enough to handle any mess but soft enough to be comfortable!
And my diaper changing pad is perfect as a portable diaper changing solution, because it folds up flat! So it doesn’t take up much room at all in my diaper bag!
These Huggies® products together offer an effortless solution to baby’s diapering needs, giving me the opportunity not to worry about baby’s skin! It also lets my baby do what she does best… and that is play all day! Whether she’s singing in her swing or exploring the backyard, she can be carefree because she is comfortable & dry!
I loved my DIY No-Sew Diaper Changing Pad so much that I decided to make another one to give to my friend, who has a newborn baby girl at home! Here’s what I collected to make a little Baby Essentials Gift Basket for her!
- Huggies® Natural Care Wipes
- Huggies® Little Snugglers Jumbo Pack
- another one of handmade No-Sew Diaper Changing Pads
- baby blanket
- baby care essentials (nasal aspirator, bulb syringe, comb, etc.)
- adorable headbands
- stuffed animals & baby books
- light-up musical toy
- developmental ball toy
- a basket to hold it all
I simply assembled my gift by adding all the components to the basket. It was such an easy way to show her I’m thinking of her! And with all these baby essentials like the Huggies® Little Snugglers diapers and the Huggies® Natural Care Wipes in the basket, I know she’ll be all set to keep her baby dry & comfortable!
Look for the Huggies® Natural Care Wipes & Huggies® Little Snugglers diapers in the Baby section of your local Walmart store. I love buying these diapers at Walmart because I know I’m getting a great deal and there’s always a great selection of Huggies® products in-store!
You can also find a wide selection of Huggies® products online at walmart.com, which is a very convenient option for busy moms!
Now, learn more about the Huggies® Little Snugglers diapers and tell me: Have you ever made your own Changing Pad? Are you looking for an affordable, adorable diaper solution? Are you a new mom or do you know one?