I have always been very conscientious of my dental care! I remember really enjoying brushing my teeth as a child, and now I try to instill that same enthusiasm in my own children. My daughter recently went to the dentist for the first time, and she had a remarkably positive experience! Today, I’m excited to share with you all some really simple, yet very effective, tips for maintaining healthy teeth and gums. I’m also sharing some information on Guardian Dental insurance plans for those of you who do not currently have a dental plan or who are looking for another plan with better coverage.
Growing up, I remember my mom always stressing the importance of proper oral hygiene. We used to use a timer when brushing our teeth to make sure we brushed for a long enough time! Now, I do that with my daughters, and they love it. It helps encourage them to keep brushing until the little timer goes off! Plus, it makes brushing a little more fun for them! Proper oral hygiene is not difficult or complicated. Here are the simple steps we take to keep our teeth & gums as healthy as possible.
Brilliant Tips for Healthy Teeth & Gums
1. Brush teeth twice per day. Make sure the bristles of your tooth brush are positioned at about 45 degree angle near the gum line. Use a back-and-forth, up-and-down motion to get the teeth as clean as possible. Use a gentle pressure to avoid bleeding.
2. Floss at least once per day. Flossing is a very important step, as it often removes food and particles that regular brushing has missed. Flossing enables cleaning in the space between the teeth, where food often collects.
3. Use a mouth rinse daily. This product often has antibacterial properties so it’s a great complement to your regular brushing and flossing routine. A mouth rinse is also useful for improving the breath.
4. Avoid candies, especially gummy candies. Gummy candies have a tendency to stay on the teeth long after chewing has been finished. The sugar in these candies is very detrimental to the health of the teeth and gums, so it’s best to eliminate or reduce consumption of these candies.
5. Limit sodas and coffees. The high level of phosphorous in these beverages may contribute to tooth decay. Alternatively, select a beverage like milk, which promotes a stronger enamel.
6. Visit the dentist regularly. One of the most important steps of a great dental hygiene routine is visiting the dentist on a regular basis for check-ups and professional cleanings. However, if you don’t have proper dental insurance, visiting the dentist can become costly. We have a dental plan through my husband’s employer, but we have been dissatisfied with the costs & coverage offered. That’s why I’m so excited to have found Guardian Dental insurance plans!
Having proper dental insurance coverage is essential to protecting your overall health! Although brushing and flossing at home are important, bacteria can still build up in your mouth, leading to decay and cavities. That’s why it’s crucial to visit the dentist regularly- only the dentist & hygienist can properly deep-clean your teeth & gums! However, visiting the dentist can be quite costly without insurance. A dental insurance plan from Guardian can help cover part of the cost of everything from routine visits to more extensive dental work. When you visit the Guardian Dental site, you can click on “Our Plans” to find a map of the United States. Simply click on your state to find out which dental insurance plans are available in your state.
Guardian Dental plans can be purchased individually at any time during the year. Unlike employer-sponsored insurance, Guardian Dental plans do not require a qualifying event (marriage, birth, etc.) to purchase insurance. In my state, Guardian Dental offers two insurance plans: the DHMO and the PPO. Not sure which plan is right for you? Here are some differences:
- With a DHMO, you have lower monthly costs, but you must see a specific in-network dentist for benefits to apply.
- With a PPO, you have the freedom to visit any dentist, but you pay higher monthly costs.
- With a DHMO, you pay a set co-pay at each visit. With a PPO, you pay an annual deductible and then the plan will cover a percentage of your costs once the deductible is met.
For more Plan Details and a summary of all the coverage / cost data, please visit Guardian Dental herev.
It was really easy to navigate their web site and find all the details of the plan that would work best for our family. I really love that Guardian Dental is partnered with over 108,000 providers (at over 277,000 locations) nationwide. The fact is that dental insurance products save members a lot of money compared to patients visiting the dentist without any insurance! Visit Guardian Dental today and see how much money you could save by purchasing one of their dental insurance plans! And then, show off your pearly whites!
Visit Guardian Dental to find the right insurance plan for you and tell me: Are you looking for a better dental insurance plan? How do you take care of your teeth on a daily basis?
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.