There’s nothing quite as relaxing as spending time in the great outdoors! If you’ve ever been camping, then you know how much fun it can be to gather the family and enjoy some quality time together in a camper. I have so many fond memories from my childhood of going on camping trips with my parents. If you’re planning on renting an RV for a camping trip with your family, then be sure to check out my list of essential items that will make your trip more successful. From a first aid kit to The Essential Camper’s Sheet, I’m sharing all the must-have items for your next family camping trip!
9 Must-Haves for a Successful Family Camping Experience
1. Compass: You aren’t going to get far if you don’t know where you’re going. Bring along a compass so you can always find your way.
2. First Aid Kit: This one is a no-brainer. Keeping some bandages and antibiotic ointment on hand is always a smart idea for that unexpected cut or scrape.
3. Cards/ Board Games: Keeping everyone entertained outdoors can often require some creativity. Bringing along some favorite family games is a great way to make sure everyone stays occupied.
4. Flashlights: Having plenty of flashlights and back-up batteries is essential when walking outdoors at night.
5. Citronella Candles: Keep the bugs at bay by burning some citronella candles.
6. Matches: A good stash of dry matches should be a part of every survival kit.
7. Nonperishable Food: Bring along items like canned goods, dried fruits, nuts, cereals, etc. to ensure a steady supply of food that will not spoil.
8. Bottled Water: Ensure you have enough water for each family member for every day you plan on camping.
9. The Essential Camper’s Sheet™: The Essential Camper’s Sheet™ from RV Mattress Protectors by Mattress Safe® offers both the protection of a mattress cover and the luxuriousness of a soft fitted sheet. It is designed to protect all of the sleeping surfaces in your RV from fluids & stains! What I love most about this product is that it fits sleeping areas that are not standard-sized. There will be no more struggling to cram standard sheets onto your camper’s sleeping surfaces.
These mattress protectors are waterproof, so you don’t have to worry about spilled beverages, pet accidents, toddler potty accidents and so on. Made of a soft, breathable fabric, The Essential Camper’s Sheet™ will provide plenty of comfort to you as you sleep. It’s also impermeable to dust mites, mold, and bacteria.
Another useful product from RV Mattress Protectors by Mattress Safe® is their Ultimate Mattress Encasement.
It’s specifically designed for RV bedding applications, but it can also be used in the home. I got a white one in the King size and I’m so impressed by how soft & breathable the fabric is. The Ultimate Mattress Encasement is waterproof and also designed to protect against bed bugs, dust mites, mold and bacteria. It was really easy to fit onto my mattress at home.
This waterproof encasement provides a fabulous solution to childhood bedwetting or pet accidents. It is offered in various colors and mattress depths so you will be able to find one that fits your needs. I really love that it has a unique Zipper Lock to prevent the zipper from accidentally opening up!
Now, I can welcome my potty training daughter onto our bed without fear of potentially damaging our expensive mattress!
The Ultimate Mattress Encasement is great for a mattress at home, but it’s also a perfect solution for keeping sleeping surfaces protected in an RV or camper. You can customize the color, size and depth of this product.
Now, learn more about The Essential Camper’s Sheet™ and tell me: Have you ever gone camping? Do you own or rent an RV? What are your must-have items for a successful family camping trip?