7 Tips for Healthy Winter SkinNovember 28, 2016
This is a sponsored post written for Neutrogena. I was compensated and provided complimentary products for this post. All opinions are my own.
There’s so much I love about the holiday season! I enjoy decorating the house for Christmas, shopping for gifts for my family & friends, and celebrating special moments with the ones I love. However, one thing I don’t love about this season is the cold weather. Today, I will be sharing my top 7 simple & easy tips for keeping my skin healthy during these cold winter days.
7 Tips for Healthy Winter Skin
1. Drink Water: There’s nothing more important to overall health and wellness than drinking enough water on a daily basis. During this time of the year, I really enjoy several cups of hot tea during the day. Sometimes, when I want a refreshing, healthy drink, I’ll add some ice & frozen fruit to a glass of water. The fruit adds a lovely boost of flavor to the drink!
2. Apply Sunscreen: Even when the temperatures are low, it’s important to apply a sunscreen every day. The sun’s rays are still damaging to the skin during fall and winter, so it’s essential to protect the skin from harsh UVA and UVB rays.
3. Keep Bath Water Lukewarm: During the cold winter days, it may be tempting to come indoors and soak in a hot bath. However, the hot water can be very drying to the skin. Avoid super hot water when bathing or showering. Furthermore, keep showers & baths short to minimize the drying effect to the skin.
4. Use a Humidifier: During this time of the year, we often have our heating systems powered on for much of the day. This means that hot, dry air is being added to our environments constantly. To combat that dryness, invest in a humidifier that will add some more moisture to the air. This moist air is good for the lungs and the skin.
5. Apply Neutrogena Body Oil: To combat dryness during the cold winter days, I love using Neutrogena Body Oil. This light sesame oil instantly gets absorbed by shower-damp skin, effectively sealing in moisture! I love that this product doesn’t cause a greasy after-feel!
I keep a bottle of Neutrogena Body Oil in my bathroom so that I can apply some after showering, bathing, sunning, or shaving. This dermatologist-tested body oil leaves my skin soft & silky and effectively protects against moisture loss! Featuring a light oil extracted from pure white sesame seeds, this Neutrogena product helps to soothe the mind and body!
My skin is significantly softer & smoother within a few seconds after applying the Neutrogena Body Oil. This is definitely one of my winter skincare essentials!
6. Moisturize the Hair: To keep my hair looking soft and supple throughout the year, I like to whip up an easy DIY Hair Mask in my kitchen. All I need is one part coconut oil, one part honey and one part lemon juice. This moisturizing mask really softens and moisturizes my hair.
7. Use Gloves to Lock In Moisture: My hands get so dry during the bitter cold days of winter, so I like to occasionally slip on some moisturizing gloves that lock in the hydration. I will often do my manicure afterward and then place a rejuvenating mask on my eyes. A few simple steps really create a lovely at-home spa experience.
Neutrogena has a long reputation of providing high-quality beauty products that have stood the test of time. Check out this fun vintage ad featuring Neutrogena Body Oil!
Learn more about what makes Neutrogena Body Oil unique and tell me: What are your best tips for keeping your skin healthy during the winter?