Are you moving soon? Do you need to pack all your
junk possessions into moving boxes, and you want to do it in the most efficient way possible? Well, then stick around! I have some great ideas to make moving a little easier- at least the packing boxes part!
Here are some fabulous tips to keep in mind when you start to survey everything you have and everything you need to move to a new house! It can be overwhelming at first, but really, it can be accomplished and it doesn’t have to be terribly stressful!
How to Pack Your Moving Boxes
- Pack one room at a time, and obviously, start with the stuff that you use (or will need) the least.
- Keep a list of everything valuable that you have packed, and label those boxes as such. However, you may not want to label the box with your most expensive jewelry with something too obvious, like “Expensive Jewelry.” Even writing on that box something strange like “Blue Cow” will remind you that that box has your jewels, but won’t raise any interest in the people who are handling your belongings on moving day.
- Always fill the boxes to the top, and seal the lid.
- Tape the tops and bottoms of all boxes for extra support and rigidity.
- Use bubble wrap, newspaper, linens, etc. to protect fragile items (china, glassware, etc.) Mark boxes with delicate items inside as “Fragile- Handle with Care.”
- Essential items for the first night at the new house should be packed in a dedicated box that is labelled as such.
- Pack books and heavy items into smaller boxes, so you don’t wind up creating boxes that are way too heavy to carry easily.
- You can even take pictures of the contents of the boxes so you can remember exactly what is inside each of the boxes.
- When trying to figure out how to pack your boxes, group your items into similar sizes and weights. Don’t mix stuff from the bathroom with stuff from the bedroom. Keep the room’s belongings separate.
- Place heavier items at the bottom of the boxes and lighter items on top.
Hopefully, some of these tips will make packing your moving boxes a little easier! Do you have any genius packing tips to share? Let me know in the Comments below!