Festive Holiday GarlandDecember 16, 2015
This shop, featuring a festive holiday garland, has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SendHallmark #CollectiveBias
Growing up, one of my favorite memories was getting to pick out a fun, new Hallmark ornament every year. It was something my mom did for me and now, it’s something I happily do for my kids. Letting my kids pick out a few new Hallmark ornaments each year is actually something I’ve been doing with them for a few years now. When it comes to holiday traditions and spreading cheer, there’s nothing quite as special as Hallmark Ornaments and Hallmark Cards! While my kids and I were at Walmart picking out our new ornaments, I also found a few amazing Hallmark greeting cards that I’m so excited to share with you. Also, keep reading for my tutorial on how I made this playful & whimsical Holiday Garland using Hallmark Ornaments & Cards!
Since I can’t wait to show you my Festive Holiday Garland, here’s a sneak peek at it!
Festive Holiday Garland
We went to Walmart to pick out our supplies. I immediately found all the Hallmark Cards together in a featured display in a center aisle of the store. There was even an at-shelf coupon available. Beginning 11/15, look for at-shelf coupons for $2 OFF the purchase of 3 Hallmark cards! Here are the cards I picked up from the store.
The top two ones are absolutely gorgeous- they have glitter accents and thoughtful messages inside! The bottom card is truly spectacular, too! It features a card in the shape of a mug of hot cocoa and it’s wrapped with a gorgeous removable coffee sleeve!
The recipient of this card gets the sweet Hallmark Card PLUS a removable coffee sleeve in a festive design- perfect for all those mugs of hot tea, coffee and cocoa during the cold Winter months. Who wouldn’t LOVE to receive this card?! As a matter of fact, I purchased two of these cards just so I can use one of the sleeves myself! Hallmark greeting cards are such a wonderful way to show someone you care. They really work well for any holiday or occasion. Actually, any day of the week is a perfect day to send a Hallmark greeting card!
Now, I’m excited to share with you how I used these Hallmark products to deck the halls in my house! Continuing a tradition that has been in my family for a few generations, I let my daughters pick out their favorite Hallmark Ornaments at Walmart. Both of my kids picked out Hallmark Resin Figurine Ornaments- my 4 year old picked out Anna from FROZEN and my 2 year old picked out Elsa from FROZEN! To complete the set, I picked out Olaf from FROZEN. There were so many different Hallmark Ornaments at the store: 16 Walmart exclusives, resin figurines, Holiday Barbie, new deco figurines and more! Here are the three Hallmark Ornaments we brought home.
So, here’s how my garland came together and how I’m using the Hallmark Cards and Hallmark Ornaments to decorate my fireplace for the season!
Hallmark greeting cards
silver ball garland
hot glue & glue gun
glittery silver bows
paint & brush
1. First, make the pom poms using the yarn. I chose purple yarn since that color seemed to complement the Hallmark Ornaments and Hallmark Cards we picked out! To make the pom poms, start wrapping the yarn around 2 fingers about 10 times and then slip the yarn off your fingers. Use the two ends of yarn to tie a few knots to secure it. You will have small loops on either side of the knots. Use a pair of scissors to cut those loops. Trim as necessary to make the pom pom even. Here’s a picture tutorial to further clarify these instructions.
2. To create a little message out of the burlap, cut small squares from the burlap ribbon. Use a pencil to trace the outline of the letters you’d like to form. Then, using some paint and a brush, fill in the letters you just drew. I chose purple paint and the word “JOY” for this step!
3. Now that the pom poms are made and the burlap message is created, it’s time to assemble the garland. The burlap letters are attached to the silver garland with a simple strip of hot glue.
4. The pom poms are attached by simply using the two ends of yarn and tying them onto the garland.
5. The Hallmark Ornaments are simply placed on the garland and are kept in place by the little silver beads that form the garland.
6. Here is what the garland looks like at this point! Cute and whimsical, right?
7. I draped this garland across my fireplace by hanging it from some stocking holders. On top of the stocking holders, I placed some of the Hallmark Cards I had purchased. Since these cards are so gorgeous and festive-looking, they make it so easy to decorate for the holidays! Just placing those cards on my fireplace mantel next to my garland instantly makes my fireplace festive! And the best part? As I get more holiday cards from friends & family, I can place add them to the mantel, as well. It’s such a fun way to display and enjoy Hallmark Cards! Between the Hallmark Ornaments & Hallmark Cards, my fireplace is looking totally decked out for the season!
I love how the Hallmark Cards & Hallmark Ornaments really set the tone for a whimsical & elegant holiday! Let’s just say that my kids are totally stoked about the way the fireplace looks now. My 4 year old has said she doesn’t want me to ever take down this garland! 🙂
While my family is busy doing holiday crafts & activities during the season, we love to listen to music! Do you enjoy festive music, too? Be sure to check out the Hallmark Pandora station for a great selection of holiday tunes!
Are you ready to spread some holiday cheer with Hallmark? Don’t forget to head to Walmart to find the Hallmark Ornaments and Hallmark Cards that will help you spread joy this season!
Also, look out for the at-shelf coupon for $2 OFF 3 Hallmark cards! Everyone loves a great deal!
Want a digital coupon?! Click here to save $1.00 off of a two Hallmark Greeting Card purchase at Walmart, minimum $1.00 purchase required. Take advantage of the savings and #SendHallmark this holiday season!
Check out more great holiday card ideas and tell me: Which Hallmark ornament is your favorite? What are your favorite holiday traditions?