Whether you need to furnish a large four-bedroom house or just a piece or two of furniture for a particular room, I have a set of Furniture Shopping Tips to help ease the confusion and make the process of furniture-shopping smoother! From tips on choosing the right colors to selecting pieces that make sense for your space, here are some tips on shopping for furniture!
5 Furniture Shopping Tips
1. Consider your lifestyle. Just because you might like the look of white fabric on your sofa, it may not be a practical choice if you have young kids and/or pets. If your piece of furniture is likely to get a lot of wear & tear, go for something more durable and long-lasting. We have a leather sofa and chaise in our house, and even if the kids get some dirt on it, it can be easily wiped off!
2. When in doubt, choose classic colors. You might be loving that bright turquoise sofa right now, but what if you’re not a fan of aqua-blue tomorrow? When it comes to big purchases, go for classic colors. You can always add pops of color with the accessories.
3. Measure your space. Whether you’re buying pieces in person at the showroom or ordering furniture online, always take measurements of the space you’re trying to furnish before you make any purchases. Even though a piece may look like it will fit, make absolute certain it will fit by always taking careful measurements.
4. Buy quality over quantity. When it comes to pieces that will get a lot of use, like sofas and tables, always go for high-quality pieces over the cheap stuff. When you buy a cheap piece of furniture, you will wind up spending more money in the long run, having to replace it more often. When you invest in a quality piece of furniture, you wind up holding onto it for a longer time, saving you time, money and effort!
5. Evaluate your personal style. Make sure you stick with the decor style you have already created in your home. If you tend to like traditional home decor, and your house is already outfitted with a bunch of traditional pieces, make sure that your new purchase will fit into that space. If you tend to stick with modern lines and a contemporary feel, make sure that your new purchase will complement that decor style.
So those are my 5 Furniture Shopping Tips! I recently discovered a new furniture store online, European Leather Gallery, and I just wanted to share with you all why I’m totally loving their furniture. They sell the Ekornes Stressless collection of furniture, which is an exceptional brand of furniture from Scandinavia. The European Leather Gallery offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee and they also offer a Lowest Price Guarantee! They have a showroom in Jacksonville, FL, but you can also order pieces online and via phone!
If you’re wondering a bit more about the Ekornes Stressless collection, here are some reasons why this furniture line is fabulous:
- Lumbar support: The furniture supports your back and head in proper alignment.
- Chiropractor approved: The American Chiropractic Association (ACA) endorses their recliner due to its ergonomic support.
- Variety of furniture options: Whether you’re looking for recliners, office chairs or sofas, you will find something that is both comfortable and attractive!
- Color options: You can choose from multiple different colors or wood finishes to match your home’s decor.
Here’s some of their gorgeous pieces!
And here’s a picture from their showroom.
Those really do look super comfortable!!
So, if you’re looking for some high-quality pieces of furniture that will complement your home and support your back & head, be sure to check out the Ekornes Stressless collection at European Leather Gallery!
Now, tell me in the Comments below: what is your favorite furniture shopping tip?
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by European Furniture Gallery, but all opinions are exclusively my own.