This kielbasa and zucchini recipe, served over brown rice, is an easy weeknight meal that tastes delicious and is quick to prepare. Perfect for those nights when you want to whip up something yummy and comforting!
I used to have fried kielbasa when I was growing up. There’s nothing like the savory smell of kielbasa cooking on a frying pan to bring me back to my youth! Even if you’ve never tried kielbasa sausage, I implore you to try this recipe. If you like savory slightly spicy sausage, then you’ll love kielbasa!
Kielbasa and zucchini over brown rice
- kielbasa sausage, about 10 inches long, sliced
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- 3 cup brown rice, cooked according to package directions
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. onion powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Fry the sausage on the pan until sizzling and browned. Remove from heat.
- Pour off excess sausage fat from frying pan and add the olive oil.
- Add the onions and sauté until translucent and soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the zucchini to the pan and sauté until cooked, about 5-8 minutes. Add the powders, salt and pepper.
- To plate, top a generous portion of warm, cooked rice with the sausage and the zucchini. Serve immediately!
- For the kids, you can make a face out of the various components of this dish!