Health Benefits of Edamame & Edamame Salad RecipeOctober 31, 2014
The health benefits of edamame are becoming more well-known these days and health-conscious people all over the country are turning to these little green foods for their supposed super health powers. So what exactly are edamame? They’re simply boiled green soybeans! Sounds simple enough. Now, let’s look at some of the health benefits of edamame, shall we?
Health Benefits of Edamame
- Edamame are power houses of fiber, protein and vitamins/minerals!
- Edamame are low in calories, so they are a perfect snack for the weight-conscious!
- Edamame have been associated with reducing insulin resistance in people with diabetes.
- Edamame have been associated with reducing overall cholesterol, especially in men.
Edamame are a wonderful source of protein in a well-rounded diets, especially if the edamame replace other sources of animal-based protein, which are usually higher in saturated fat!
So now that you know how amazing this legume is, you may be wondering what to make with it: How do I cook with edamame? How to do I prepare edamame? Are edamame delicious?
Here is a lovely and simple recipe for Edamame Salad. Consisting of only a handful of basic ingredients, this edamame salad recipe is sure to please your palate!
Edamame Salad Recipe
- 12oz. bag of frozen edamame
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- fresh mint leaves, cut into long ribbons
- Thaw the frozen edamame, according to the package directions.
- Toss with the oil and vinegar. Sprinkle with the salt, pepper and garlic powder. Top with the mint leaves.
If you are looking to order edamame online, check out this brand or this brand.
Smile knowing that you are having a really healthful dish! 🙂