I’m almost done with my felt food series. I’ve done felt cookies, felt cupcakes, felt cannoli and felt lollipops. Today I’m going to show you how to make a felt donut. I will even include a free printable template!
This felt donut is so adorable and so realistic. It even has icing, frosting and sprinkles! Sweet! I’m sure your little one will love playing with it. Mine is a vanilla donut with pink frosting and white icing. You could also use brown felt for yummy chocolate donuts! The possibilities are endless.
DIY felt donut with free template
Click here for the Printable Template!
- Felt in multiple colors
- Needle and thread
- Using the template provided, cut out all the shapes for your felt donut.
- Attach the frosting to one donut base using same-colored thread and sewing around the edges.
- Attach the icing strips to the frosted donut base using white thread and sewing down the length of the icing strip. Sew small lines in different colored thread for “sprinkles.”
- Place the other donut base underneath and sew along the inner circle to attach the two donut bases.
- Start sewing along the outer edge, being careful to stuff with donut as you go along.
Enjoy your sweet little felt confection!