I’m always looking for easy side dishes that are easy to prepare and taste delightful! And boy, did I come up with a winner here.
The sautéed mushrooms and scallions add so much flavor to the warm, soft cous cous. It’s a flavor pairing that is sure to tantalize the tastebuds. Try this recipe out the next time you’re looking for a healthy, yummy side dish!
Couscous with mushrooms and scallions
- big bunch of scallions, sliced
- 1 cup of mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 cups of cous cous
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (optional)
- Saute the scallions and mushrooms in the olive until soft and tender.
- Cook the cous cous according to package directions.
- Top with the scallions and mushrooms. You can also add some parmesan cheese on top for extra flavor!
- Enjoy warm!