Art projects for toddlersMay 17, 2014
I love thinking of new art projects for my toddler. She loves to create art! And coloring with crayons gets old really quickly!
I will be showcasing a number of different arts & crafts projects here that are geared toward toddlers, preschoolers and younger children. These are perfect for a rainy day when you want to keep the little one entertained indoors! There are three different projects featured here in this post: the butterfly punch, the washi tape heart and the oil dropper painting.
Tutorial- Art project for toddlers: butterfly punch
- craft butterfly punch
- scrapbook paper
- Punch out your shapes out of one piece scrapbook paper.
- Glue them onto another coordinating piece of paper.
Tutorial- Art project for toddlers: washi tape heart
- washi tape, different patterns
- two pieces of paper
- Cut out a large heart in one piece of paper.
- Adhere strips of washi tape onto the other piece of paper.
- Place the paper with the heart cut-out on top of the washi tape paper.
Tutorial- Art project for toddlers: oil dropper painting
- olive oil
- sheet of paper
- Using the brush, paint a collage of different colors on a piece of paper.
- Using the dropper, drop oil onto the paper while the paint is still wet. The effect is really neat and sure to entertain young ones!
I hope you can put some of these ideas to use the next time you’re looking for a way to entertain your toddlers!