Under the kitchen sink: ideas to organize under the kitchen sinkApril 17, 2012
The cabinet under my kitchen sink is a piece of work! It definitely leaves something to be desired. I will tackle my own kitchen sink cabinet another time, but for now, I was scouring the web for some inspirational kitchen sink cabinets and boy, did I find them! There are some great ideas out there on how to tackle that space.
Under the kitchen sink: ideas to organize under the kitchen sink
- Use a small stackable shelf to best utilize vertical space in the cabinet like this.- The nest effect
- Hang cleaning gloves with a binder clip like this to keep them out of the way and let them effectively dry.- Organize with sandy
- Hang wire racks on both cabinet doors like this to keep bottles of cleaners organized and accessible.- A bowl full of lemons
- Store your trash baskets under the kitchen sink like this to keep them out of the way.- Ask anna
- Organize under the sink with an IKEA drawer divider system like this.- Chez larsson
- Use dollar store baskets to compartmentalize everything under the sink like this.- Delightful order
- First, empty the cabinet completely.
- Wipe down the inside of the cabinet with a damp washcloth.
- Throw away items that are expired, empty, or otherwise obsolete.
- Group like items together- all sponges together, all bags together, all cleaning bottles together, etc.
- Grab storage baskets of varying sizes and put like items together in one basket.
- Label the baskets to identify the contents.
- Organize the baskets under the sink based on frequency of usage. If you reach for a bag everyday, make those easily accessible at the front of the cabinet. If you reach for a bottle stove cleaner once a month, leave that toward the rear of the cabinet.