Strawberries are all over the place this time of year. They’re fresh, ripe and sweet! And they’re often on sale!
But if you’re tired of making the same old stuff with strawberries, check out this light, strawberry tart!
Low-calorie strawberry fruit tart
- 1.5 cup strawberries, chopped
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tbsp sweetener (sugar or sugar substitute- I use sucralose)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 cup applesauce (feel free to use a flavored applesauce- I use mango applesauce)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine all ingredients and place in a bundt pan. Even though we will not be making a traditional bundt cake, I like the shape that this pan imparts to this dessert.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, or until the strawberry tart is set, the edges have pulled away from the sides of the pan, and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool, pop out of the pan, and slice. Serve warm or cool!