You’re almost done baby proofing your home, but you still have to think about safety in a few more places in your home. Here are some more tips on baby-proofing your home regarding electricity and furniture.
- Use outlet covers with safety plugs for all outlets that are not being used. Don’t forget to check those outlets that may be partially hidden behind furniture that baby may still be able to access.
- If you have a fireplace, use a hearth cover to protect children from falling into a fireplace and injuring themselves.
- Hide all unstable furniture or decor items that are light and can be easily pulled over by curious little hands.
- Fasten high bookcases and tall pieces of furniture to the wall so that they cannot be pulled down. Be sure the changing table is also fastened to the wall.
- Keep all drawers closed completely so baby cannot slip fingers inside and potentially find other hazards.
- Isolate all medicines and cleaning products in a cabinet that is locked with these sliding cabinet locks.