Home Baby Proofing 101: Bathrooms & KitchensJanuary 2, 2012
So you’re trying to make your house as safe as possible and you’re looking at the bathroom and kitchen and wondering ‘Where do I start?’ Check out the guidelines below for some useful tips.
- Turn down the temperature at your water heater to no more than 110 degrees F.
- Purchase and install toilet lid locksto keep curious little hands out of the toilet.
- Rotate the handles of pots and pans on the stove away from baby’s reach. Direct them toward the back wall.
- Use the rear burners on the stove as much as possible and keep the front ones cool to the touch.
- Do not leave a hot pot or pan sitting on the stove unattended to prevent baby from reaching up and burning his hand.
- Keep small electric appliances, like the toaster and the blender, far from the edge of the counter to keep baby safe from heat and sharp blades.