After trying my hand at the felt baby shoes here, I thought I could maybe handle a tougher sewing project and these baby booties were so cute. I gathered my materials and got started! The final product can clearly be customized with different colors and embelishments.
Felt Baby Booties DIY
- Enlarge the template so that the sole outline is about the same size as one of the baby’s shoes.
- Cut out the template patterns out of paper and then felt.
- Using fusible webbing tape, attach the cuff pieces, the sole pieces, and the main body pieces.
- Hand-stitch some details around the toe and cuff areas.
- Sew the back seam of the bootie together.
- Attach the sole to the main body of the bootie by hand-stitching it together.
- Add ribbon to keep the bootie closed.