When our little munchkin was ready for solid foods, we selected avocado as her first food. Avocado is a highly nutritious whole food that is perfect for young digestive systems. Plus, it is so easy to prepare big batches of avocado and freeze ice-cube-sized portions in bulk. Here is how I make big batches of guacamole for my little girl!
Homemade Baby Avocado Guacamole Recipe
- Peel and de-pit 3 avocados.
- Coarsely chop the avocado flesh and drop it into a food processor.
- Add some liquid to the food processor. I use pumped breastmilk, but some baby water would also be fine.
- Puree it until the desired consistency is achieved: smooth for stage 1 and chunkier for later stages.
- After the avocado is pureed, place it in an ice-cube tray and freeze it.
- After 12 hours, pop out the frozen cubes of avocado and place them in a freezer-safe plastic bag. Label the bag with the contents and date of food preparation.