Low Calorie Fresh Fruit Tart – Fast & EasyNovember 19, 2011
Even though it’s getting cooler outside, we can all still feel a touch of summer with this healthful, fresh fruit tart. You will not believe how easy and quick it is to prepare this dessert. And with my substitutions, this is a low-calorie sweet treat that is very high in berry antioxidants!
Low Calorie Fresh Fruit Tart
- Pre-baked graham cracker pie crust
- 1 package frozen whipped topping
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Medley of berries (get a frozen bag to save time)
- Fresh kiwi
- 1 can frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
- Place the graham cracker pie crust into a pie pan. As you can see in the picture below, my crust cracked during transfer, but it didn’t affect the final product at all. It all comes down to improvisation when preparing food.
- Combine 3/4 of the package of frozen whipped topping with the vanilla extract and spread that over the crust.
- Gather all the fruit for the topping and slice all the berries and kiwi.
- Place them decoratively on top of the frozen whipped topping. Start with one layer of strawberries along the outer edge. Then do a row of kiwi slices and finally add the blackberries and raspberries in the center.
- Simmer the thawed limeade concentrate in a saucepan for a few minutes until it thickens.
- Finally, using a pastry brush, brush the top of the fruit with your limeade concentrate.